Surjal Mata’s giant Oran (land left under the name of Mataji) is 1160 Bigha. In the village of Sudrasan one can still find idols, ancient relics and remnants of old houses which proves the ancient beauty of this village. Fairs are held during every Chaitra and Ashwin Navratri. During Navratri festival, people from across the India visit the temple to perform Jaath Jadula rituals.
The remains of an ancient temple of Lord Surya still exist here. Near the temple there is an ancient water reservoir which is quite deep. Old inscriptions can be found inside the temple. There is a meeting hall in the temple. A statue of Mahishasurmardini is installed on the rear side of Parikrama. In the middle of the right part is the statue of Lord Vishnu and in the middle of the left part is the statue of Ganesha. There are many other sculptures engraved on both sides of the statue and above the orbits.
The original idols of the temple were broken by the Mughal rulers. Sher Shah Suri had invaded Maldev and destroyed the original idol and temple as well. Even during the reign of Aurangzeb, sculptures were broken. Jojri river used to flow from here and the entire village got destroyed during a flood. However, since the temple was situated on a mound nothing happened to it.